Tuesday morning beginners' drawing class
A drawing course suitable for complete beginners
This course will provide an introduction to basic drawing techniques. Classes will be structured around several different projects, which will include both still life and landscape subjects. You will learn about: mark-making, establishing accurate proportions, capturing light and shadow, and perspective drawing. A step-by-step demonstration will be given at the start of each topic so that you can observe how the methods are put into practice. You will also be set a variety of exercises designed to improve your skills.
Beginners' Art at St Paul's Church Hall, Daybrook, Arnold, Nottingham
St Paul's Church Hall is located on Church Drive, Daybrook, Arnold, Nottingham, postcode NG5 6JD. The Church Hall is a spacious timber framed building with plenty of character, situated at the side of the impressive St Paul's Church.
If you travel by car, there is plenty of space to park outside on Church Drive, or across the road on Church Crescent. Please do not park in front of the Church itself.
If you use public transport, there are frequent buses by Nottingham City Transport and Trent-Barton that stop on Nottingham Road outside Sainsbury's. Stagecoach also run a bus along Mansfield Road that stops nearby.
- Classes are held on Tuesday mornings, 9.30am - 12.30pm.
- The next course is scheduled for 25th September - 4th December 2018 (no class on 30th October).
- This course is for 10 weeks and the fee is £120.
- Enrolment will be limited to 14 people.
- You will be expected to provide your own materials and equipment; the tutor will advise.